PART is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace that embraces the broad view of diversity. Our mission is to be an inclusive workplace that reflects our community within all levels of the organization. We respect and value individual differences and encourage all employees to reach their maximum potential.
DBE Program Policy Statement
The Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. PART has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, PART has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of PART to ensure that DBEs are defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT–assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT – assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
- To review and/or update this policy and overall DBE program on an annual basis.
The PART Human Resources and Compliance Specialist has been designated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, HR/Compliance Specialist is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by PART in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
PART has disseminated this policy statement to the Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation Board of Trustee’s and all of the components of our organization. PART will regularly distribute this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts through a variety of means, including established print media outlets, minority and women business association newsletters, Chamber of Commerce, advertisements, and DBE Program workshops and seminars.
To access information on PART’s Commitment to Civil Rights (Title VI) please click here.
Americans with Disabilities Act
PART will comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibits discrimination in the provision of programs, services or activities to individuals with disabilities. We invite any resident with a special need to contact our staff, upon registration, so that a smooth inclusion may occur.
If you have any questions about the PART policy regarding ADA, or believe you have been unfairly discriminated against in the provision of programs, services or activities of the PART, please contact:
Director of Operations
107 Arrow Rd, Greensboro.
Phone # 336-662-0002