In a pinch? We will get you home!
The Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program provides participants (commuters who regularly ride the bus, vanpool, carpool, bike or walk) with a reliable, emergency ride home on the day the person has used an alternative mode of transportation to get to work.
WHO CAN USE THIS SERVICE?
- Participants must live or work in PART member counties (Guilford, Forsyth, Yadkin, Surry, Stokes, Rockingham, Alamance, Randolph, Davidson and Davie Counties)
- Permanent part-time or full-time employees, or UNCG Students
- An alternative mode of transportation must be used on the day the ride is needed
- There is no minimum requirement for regular alternative mode use.
Approved alternative modes include:
- Ridesharing – vanpool & carpool
Only those using alternative modes and who have a true emergency can take advantage of a free ride.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED AN EMERGENCY?
A participant may use this program if:
- He/she or an immediate family member suffers from an illness or severe crisis
- Their ridesharing driver has to stay late or leave early (their ride is not available)
- Side trips are allowed on the way home (i.e., picking up a sick child at daycare/school)
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE NOT COVERED?
The program cannot be used for personal errands
- Pre-planned medical appointments
- Business related travel
- In place of an ambulance
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Inclement weather or unexpected acts of nature
WHEN I NEED A RIDE, WHAT DO I DO?
1. Call the PART Ridesharing Office at 1-800-588-7787. If you are unable to reach the Ridesharing Office or it is after normal business hours, please use the following contacts:
Ruby Gatewood-Randall 336-830-1489
Chantale Wesley 336-554-2381
2. Upon calling the Ridesharing Office, participants will be asked for their name, work address, home address and telephone numbers. This information will tracked by PART to determine program participation. Participants will be asked to show valid identification upon pick up.
If a participant is found falsifying information related to the reason for using using the ERH program or caught abusing the program they will be charged for the ride and will be prohibited from using the program.
Criteria for the Emergency Ride Home Program is subject to change at the discretion of PART.