On behalf of communities within the Triad, PART provides assistance with installation of Plug in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging Stations. This program includes the acquiring funding for the purchase and installation of stations, usually from State and Federal Grants. PART then coordinates the purchase, identification of an appropriate location, and the installation of the stations in partnership with the communities. Once operational these stations are owned and operated by the community for public use.
PART has received grants from the NC Clean Energy Technology Center and Duke Energy and to date installed PEV stations in 8 different locations across the region including Greensboro, High Point, Lexington, Winston-Salem, Kernersville, Burlington, Mebane and the Coble Transportation Center.
- Winston-Salem: Wake Forest Innovation Quarter 4th Street & Patterson Avenue
- Kernersville: Piedmont Triad Regional Council office South of I-40 on NC Hwy 66
- Greensboro: Green Street Parking Deck
- Greensboro: Coble Transportation Center at 8310 W Market Street
- Lexington: South Main Street near 4th Avenue (Parking lot by Carolane Propane Gas)
- Mebane: Cone Health Park & Ride at 3940 Arrowhead Blvd
- Burlington: Coming soon…
- High Point: Will be located at the Library Parking Lot (Future Location)
PART supports the use of electric vehicles due to its benefits for air quality. For more information about Plug In Electric Vehicles Stations across the Triad click the link below for a map.