To qualify as one of the Piedmont Triad’s Best Workplaces for Commuters and get on THE LIST, organizations must:
1. Provide AT LEAST ONE of the following Primary Commuter Benefits:
- At least $30 per month towards a transit pass or vanpool pass (or the full cost of a pass if it is less than $30) to each employee who commutes using transit or a vanpool.
- At least 30 percent of employees participating in a pre-tax purchase of a monthly transit pass or vanpool pass of at least $30 per month (or the full cost of a pass if it is less than $30).
- A significant telework program that reduces by at least 6 percent the number of commuting trips employees make.
- A significant compressed work week program that reduces by at least 6 percent the number of commuting trips employees make.
- At least $30 per month (in lieu of providing a parking spot) to each employee who leaves their car at home and commutes another way.
- An equivalent benefit that provides similar value to employees, reduces traffic and air pollution, and is agreed to by Best Workplaces for Commuters.
2. Provide THREE Supporting Commuter Benefits:
*Organizations with fewer than 20 employees only need to provide one supporting benefit.
- Click here for a list of Supporting Commuter Benefits
3. Provide access to PART’s FREE Emergency Ride Home Program:
4. Additionally, organizations must work towards a goal of 14 percent or more employees NOT driving to work alone, and pay a membership due of $230 per worksite. Dues provide support to the BWC program managed by the National Center for Transit Research.
*Discounted membership dues are provided to organizations with multiple worksites.
For additional information, please contact the TDM Program at 336-291-4314