PART Approves Discounted Fare for Veterans & Begins Service to VA Health care center
In appreciation of the men and women who have served in our nation’s armed forces, PART is honored to offer veterans a new discounted fare. The veterans fare will be accepted on all PART Express bus and shuttle routes.
Also, PART now provides bus service to the Kernersville VA Health Care Center. Routes 17 and 18 were adjusted to serve the VA Health Care Center and the Kernersville Hospital.
VETERAN FARE PRICES
Veterans can purchase veteran passes for 50% less than the full fare. The cost of the veteran fare/passes is:
- Urban Route Fare $1.20
- Rural Route Fare $1.50
- Urban 10-Ride Pass $12.00
- Rural 10-Ride Pass $15.00
- Urban 31-Day Pass $37.25
- Rural 31-Day Pass $45.00
DISCOUNT ELIGIBILITY WITH PROPER I.D.
Under this policy, veterans are required to show a valid Veterans ID card while boarding in order to receive discounted fare. Acceptable ID cards include:
- US Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs Retired ID Card
- County Issued Veteran ID Card (County Veteran ID cards are available at the Forsyth County or Guilford County Register of Deeds (High Point & Greensboro offices) free of charge.)
- North Carolina’s Driver License with “VETERAN” Label (Veterans who are interested in applying for the designation should take their DD-214 discharge form to their local driver license office to show they been honorably discharged. They can request the designation be added to their license at their next renewal at no additional charge.)
“PART services are the life line for a significant number of our veterans who are without transportation and in need medical care. By extending routes and working to increase frequency, PART is stepping up in a very big way to help the Kernersville VA Health Care Center fulfill its mission to provide care for as many veterans in the Triad as possible.”
Brent J. Erickson, Administrator of the Kernersville VA Health Care Center