We Want you to just Try-It!
Are you ready to try a new way to commute to and from work? PART’s Vanpool Program is the perfect solution for commuters interested in:
- Finding an economical alternative to driving alone
- Reducing their environmental footprint
- FREE and reserved parking on campus
- Spending their commute doing something other than driving
- Finding an alternative to Business 40 road closure challenges
HOW DOES IT WORK?
WFU in partnership with PART is offering groups of faculty & staff a chance to try commuting to work by vanpool. This one-day FREE ride will give commuters a chance to understand what it’s like to share the ride using one of PART’s 7 or 15 passenger vehicles.
- Interested employees are being asked to complete a brief survey so we can determine an appropriate day, time, and central location to meet.
- On the selected day for the Vanpool “Try It” Campaign, a staff member from the Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation will drive staff members from the central meeting location to campus.
- When the work day comes to an end, participating staff will meet the designated driver at the drop off location on campus to be driven back to the central meeting location.
After you “Try It”, you will be provided with more detailed information about how it works including the cost for you to vanpool, driver qualifications, and what’s involved in getting a van on the road.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE to TRY IT?
We are strategically inviting faculty & staff from key locations to participate. Our focus during the month of November is for commuters from Davie County (27028 & 27006), and Southwest Forsyth County (27012 & 27127).
Not in these zip codes but interested in vanpooling? CLICK HERE so we can keep your information on file. We’ll notify you when the “Try-It” campaign comes to your area!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.